Illinois News

Fowler fire breaks out while homeowners hanging drywall

Posted: Sep. 12, 2017 10:05 pm

FOWLER, Ill. -- Tri-Township Fire Department firefighters responded to a house fire at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday at 9411 Ellington Road, near Fowler.

The homeowners were hanging drywall sheets when the fire started but made it out of the home safely. No injuries were reported.

The fire started in the ceiling of a bathroom on the main floor and was electrical in nature. Firefighters had the fire extinguished in about 15 minutes. The home sustained smoke and water damage.

Things to Do

Sign up for Email Alerts