Missouri News

Canton mobile home fire a total loss

By THE HERALD-WHIG STAFF
Posted: Jan. 12, 2018 10:55 pm

CANTON, Mo. -- Firefighters responded to a mobile home fire at 8:45 a.m. Friday morning in Canton.

The home, at 700 Kimberly Drive, was heavily damaged at one end. The homeowner told The Herald-Whig's news-gathering partners at WGEM that she was inside with her daughter and granddaughter when the fire broke out.

Canton Fire Chief Joe LaCount told WGEM the fire seemed to be caused by an electrical issue.

No one was injured, but the home was a total loss. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the homeowners.

Things to Do

Sign up for Email Alerts