QUINCY -- The Quincy Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 4:35 p.m. Saturday at the Valley View Mobile Home Park in Quincy.
Assistant Fire Chief James Pioch told The Herald-Whig's news-gathering partners at WGEM that the fire started after the owner of the home, at 2526 West Valley View Road, was cooking on the stove with oil and forgot about it. No injuries were reported.
Pioch said it took crews over an hour to clean up the scene, and the inside of the home needs to be completely gutted. The Red Cross was contacted to assist the owner.