Posted: Sep. 26, 2011 1:18 pm Updated: Nov. 29, 2014 4:15 am
First of all, thank you for subscribing to the Quincy Herald-Whig. Your support enables us to provide the high-quality journalism that you've come to expect from us. As part of our effort to provide even more value to you, our loyal subscriber, we've built an entirely new website with a lot of enhancements.
For Whig subscribers who have registered on our old website:
- Please follow the instructions in an email, "Your exclusive access to whig.com," which we sent to the email address you registered with us. You will be creating a new member account with a new user name and password, then linking that account to your existing subscription. Important: Your old password will not work on the new Whig.com. However, you may continue to use it to manage your print subscription through the "Manage my print subscription" link at the top of most pages.
If you have never registered on our old site or if you did not receive a "Welcome" email, you will need to complete the same easy, two-step process.
- The first step is to create a member account, which allows you to subscribe to our new email services, post comments and participate in other services on our site. You can do this by clicking here: "Member Center: Create Account" or by clicking on the "Create Account" link at the top of every page. Fill in the required information and choose whether you wish to sign up for our email services. When you finish, click "submit."
- On the next screen you will see three options. The choices are 1) linking your print subscription to your member account 2) buying a subscription or 3) continue browsing. Choose option 1. On the next screen, click on "Register your print subscription to allow online access" and fill in the required information.
- If you choose option 2, you still have an opportunity to link your member account to your existing print subscription. Do this by choosing the "Subscriber Pass" option on that page and filling in the required information. It's the first option in the screen shot below.
You will then be able to choose "Register your print subscription for online access."
Fill in your first name, last name and delivery address. When you complete the process, you will need to login to the member center using the member account information you created in step one.
Logging in using your new online login and password allows you to see everything on the new Whig.com. As a current print subscriber you get:
- Unlimited access to our great local stories, photos and videos on Whig.com. Non-subscribers will be able to read a limited number of local stories online each month.
- Unlimited access to our brand new E-Edition -- electronic versions of our printed newspapers dating back to the first of the year.
- Unlimited access to the Whig.com's historical archives. These archives contain decades of information and go far beyond what's available by using the site search tool.
Now that you're all signed up, we have a couple of additional bits of information that may help you:
- When your subscription and online member accounts are linked, you're good to go. Simply use your new member login and password information to log into the member center at the top of most pages from any computer.
- If you choose to discontinue your subscription, your member account will remain active. You will continue to have the ability to comment on stories and subscribe to our email products. However, you will lose access to subscriber-exclusive content including our E-Edition and historical archives. Your access to our local stories will also be limited.
Thanks again for being a Quincy Herald-Whig subscriber, we know you are going to enjoy our new site. As always, we value your feedback.
Questions? Need help? Please call us at 217-223-5100 or 800-619-8080.