Gas leak at 838 N. Eighth prompts evacuation Tuesday morning

Posted: Nov. 13, 2012 11:18 am Updated: Nov. 27, 2012 12:15 pm

A natural gas leak at 4:15 a.m. Tuesday in one of the apartments at 838 N. Eighth prompted evacuation of several residents in the apartments in complex.

The Quincy Fire Department reports the leak was quickly found and repaired. One woman was taken to the hospital by ambulance "to be checked out" as a precaution.

Eleven firefighters and three units of the Fire Department were dispatched to the scene. The leak was found in a gas stove in one of the apartments and repaired. Fans were used to ventilated the apartment area.

Those evacuated were soon allowed to go back to their apartments, according to a Fire Department spokesman.