Kitchen fire extinguished quickly in Payson

Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 4:39 pm Updated: Dec. 26, 2012 5:15 pm


PAYSON, Ill. -- A Payson man had to be rescued from his house on Wednesday afternoon after a small kitchen fire.

Firefighters from the Payson-Fall Creek Fire Protection District were called to 115 N. Main at 2:47 p.m. They were able to get a handicapped man out of the building and extinguish the fire within five minutes. According to the district, the fire started when the stove was not turned off and set some curtains on fire. Firefighters used a fire extinguisher full of water to put the fire out. There was minimal damage to the property and no one was injured.


In Case You Missed It

'There's always going to be that hole': North Shelby football team playing through pain of losing teammate, classmate
The North Shelby community was rocked when four students were in a car crash on Sept. 24. North Shelby student Joshua Kennison was pronounced dead at the scene, while freshman football player Jakob Pratt died Oct. 11. The Raiders know it is a journey to move past the tragedy that struck their community over the last month, but they know they can do things to help the process.