In other action, Western School Board members:
• Held a public hearing and adopted a tax levy totaling $2,193,298, up $108,387 over last year. An anticipated rise in equalized assessed value is expected to add revenue at the same tax rate.
• Planned to hold a public hearing in January on plans to issue $860,192 in working cash bonds.
• Approved a request from the after-prom group to use both gyms for the event. The district also will ask the group to sign an yet-to-be-developed agreement on facility use. The district already has an agreement with the Western Youth Recreational Association and will develop a similar agreement for other groups.
• Learned the seventh grade girls basketball team will get the monthly Citizenship, Achievement, Respect and Engagement, or CARE, recognition this week in honor of their third place finish in the seventh grade Illinois Elementary School Association tournament.
• Heard the district did not win a Farm to School grant, but it can follow the current grants to learn more to reapply in the future.