Slayings in Quincy over the past 10 years:
• May 23, 2010 — Ian Barksdale, 37, died several hours after he was shot outside the Hardee's restaurant at 30th and Broadway. Phillip S. Diaz Jr. was charged with first-degree murder and pleaded guilty in May 2011. He was sentenced to 45 years in prison on Aug. 26, 2011.
• Oct. 25, 2008 — David Jones, Samuel Burton and Linda Wilson died in a fire at an apartment building at Seventh and State. David Bentz was charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated arson. Bentz was sentenced to life in prison without parole on Dec. 2, 2008. An Adams County jury deliberated for only three hours during an October trial before finding Bentz guilty.
• July 15, 2008 — Clyde Jackson was found dead with two gunshot wounds in an apartment complex at 225 North 12th. Several arrests were made during the murder investigation, but no suspect in the slaying has been publicly identified.
• Oct. 27, 2007 — John Kelley was found dead in an abandoned residence at 530 N. Sixth. Clarence Starks was indicted on two first-degree murder counts by an Adams County grand jury. Starks pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in March 2009 and was sentenced to 22 years in the DOC.
• April 15, 2007 — Kendall Edwards, 10, Althea Clark, 9, Cameron Clark, 5, Khalil Clark 3, and Kejuan Clark, 5 months, died in a fire that was intentionally set by Zachary Meeks. Meeks was sentenced to life in prison in February 2008 after pleading guilty to five murder counts in December 2007.
• Sept. 5, 2005 — Antione L. Hunt, 31, was shot at least three times in the head, arms and body inside an apartment at 805 N. Fifth. No arrests have been made in connection with the murder of the Missouri man.
• April 4, 2004 — Albert Jermaine Dade, 22, was shot several times with a handgun outside the One Stop at Sixth and Broadway. Staphon Williams was charged with two counts of first-degree murder. Williams pleaded guilty to a lesser count of second-degree murder in September 2004. He was sentenced to 17 years in the DOC.
• Sept. 15, 2003 — Clinton Lee, 21, died of massive head injuries after getting into a fight near George's Wishing Well tavern at 10th and Hampshire. Christopher Bartz was charged with first-degree murder. Bartz eventually pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in March 2004 and was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.