News

VIDEO: Firefighters dispatched to chimney fire

Firefighters with the Tri-Township Fire Department were dispatched to a call of “smoke in the attic” at 1415 Silverthorne Drive about 7 a.m. Friday.
Posted: Feb. 1, 2013 11:26 am Updated: Feb. 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Firefighters with the Tri-Township Fire Department were dispatched to a call of "smoke in the attic" at 1415 Silverthorne Drive about 7 a.m. Friday.

Chief Rick Zaerr said it was a chimney fire and smoke had filled the attic. Firefighters thoroughly checked the attic and were on the scene for several hours in near-zero temperatures.

 

According to Adams County tax records the house is owned by Ryan and Amanda Keck. (H-W Photo/Steve Bohenstedt)

 

In Case You Missed It

Therapy dog knows just what Baldwin students need
Cooper heads down the hallway in Baldwin West for another day of school. He's focused. He's friendly. He's furry. Cooper, a golden doodle, is teacher Erin Armbruster's trained therapy dog, and his pawprints reach beyond just her classroom. "He helps out the students. He's a very good dog," fifth-grader Myles Cain said.