News

Frankford couple dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Dec. 27, 2013 3:16 pm Updated: Jan. 17, 2014 4:15 pm

FRANKFORD, Mo. -- A couple was found dead in a small trailer in rural Pike County Thursday morning.

According to Pike County Coroner Jim Turner, Howard Stout, 49, and Theresa Stout, 48, were found by a family member around 10 a.m. at a small trailer off Pike County Road 15, west of Frankford. Turner said the couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

"They were using too big of a space heater for the space they were in," Turner said. "They were overtaken by propane gas."

Turner said he did not suspect foul play.

The Pike County Sheriff's Department assisted.

In Case You Missed It

Silver Saukees: Pittsfield's state title team to reunite after 25 years
Tony Baker recently watched a video of the 1991 Class A state championship game with his 11-year-old daughter. It had been several years since Baker, an all-stater as a senior at Pittsfield High School, had seen the game. "I sure was awful skinny, and those shorts were awful short," he said with a laugh. "But it was neat to watch. It's kind of a blur, but I can remember plays that were called in every game. It's so surreal."