Quincy man receives more than nine years in federal prison on meth charges

Posted: Apr. 1, 2014 6:49 pm Updated: Apr. 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Herald-Whig Staff Writer

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- A Quincy man was sentenced to more than nine years in federal prison during a hearing in U.S. District Court on Friday afternoon.

Teddy E. Pendleton, 59, was sentenced to 112 months in federal prison by Judge Sue Myerscough after he had pleaded guilty to two methamphetamine charges last year. Pendleton pleaded guilty to one count of intent to sell, distribute or dispense a controlled substance (meth) and one count of meth conspiracy in November. He could have been sentenced to up to 30 years in federal prison. Myerscough ordered for the sentences to run concurrently.

Pendleton will have to serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before he released. Once he is released from prison, Pendleton will have to serve six years of mandatory supervised release.

Pendleton twice was arrested by the West Central Illinois Task Force in the months before the federal government took over prosecution of his case. His first arrest came Aug. 14, 2012, when he was charged with illegal meth delivery. While out on bond in that case, Pendleton was arrested again March 6, 2013, when the task force served a search warrant at his residence in an apartment complex in the 600 block of N. Fifth.

Officials said meth-manufacturing materials were found in Pendleton's apartment. Also found were small sandwich bags containing crystal meth, police said. Pendleton was arrested outside the apartment complex. He admitted to buying pills to cook meth, police said.

Pendleton's name appeared 70 times on the National Precursor Log Exchange, which tracks pseudoephedrine purchases, and he had been blocked from buying pills eight times, police said.

In January, a co-conspirator in the case, Gregory S. Maynor, 48, was sentenced to 104 months in federal prison in connection with the March 6, 2013, incident.


Sign up for Email Alerts