Mr. and Mrs. Larry Ward of 310 W. Edwards, Payson, have marked their 55th wedding anniversary.
They were married in a double wedding ceremony June 20, 1959, at Immanuel Baptist Church in Quincy.
Mrs. Ward is the former Virginia Williams, daughter of Dorothy and Edgar Williams. Mr. Ward is a son of Archie Ward, Cleo Hamilton and Jess Hamilton.
Mr. Ward was an industrial arts teacher at Seymour High School for 28 years, retiring in 1993, and was employed by Doyle Manufacturing for 13 years, retiring in 2006.
Mrs. Ward was employed by the P&S Clinic and Cheryl Loatsch Studio before her retirement.
Mr. Ward was a lifeguard at Indian Mounds Pool when Mrs. Ward first saw him. She spent the summer dragging her sister to the pool. In the winter, she met a girl at the Casino Lanes and one night her brother came home from Western Illinois University. He was the lifeguard. They were engaged six months later and married a year later. They enjoy going to the Kroc Center for water exercise.