Letters

Farmers will benefit if Pritzker is elected governor

A vote for Pritzker is a vote for a stronger future in farming.

Letters

Rodriguez would give politicians a good name

They say that 90 percent of politicians give the other 10 percent a bad name. Junius Rodriguez is in that 10 percent, which is why I support him!

Letters

Rodriguez is the choice for working-class voters

U.S. Rep. Darin LaHood of Illinois' 18th District is fond of saying how many times he has run for office in a short amount of time. Actually, his history shows the value of name recognition, not personal achievement.

Letters

Riverfront dock would be wet, too expensive

Since the 1960s the federal, state and local governments have spent much time and money on solutions to the disintegration of downtown areas. The erosion of Quincy's downtown, though much later, has followed the same patterns.

Letters

Comptroller Mendoza has abused power of the office

I read your endorsement of Susana Mendoza and wondered if you were talking about the same person that I and many other people have to deal with on a daily basis.

Letters

Christ's followers often don't show God's love

Being bisexual, and having grown up in Pastor Gary Wallace's congregation, it was sometimes hard to express the certainty with which I believed God didn't love me because of the way he made me.

Letters

Many churches offer respect for gender minorities

Thank you to the teachers and administrators who have chosen a brave and principled path. Your compassionate direction is serving our community well.

Letters

Jesus' message was one of love, not hate

I'm sick and tired of these people smearing mud on the image of Christians who are full of love and the true message that Jesus wants us to live our lives by.

Letters

Suicides rise as LGBTQ groups are bullied

In response to Gary Wallace of River of Life Church: As a local member of PFLAG, I am very troubled by your denunciation and marginalization of members of our community who are LGBTQ.

Letters

QHS students, staff honored by Fab Five's visit

We still have some bullying, harassment and racism in our schools, but having the Fab Five in our schools last week moved us one step closer to my hope that all students will be able to have a blast in Quincy Public Schools.